Icons

https://twitter.com/MissFehily http://instagram.com/miss_fehily hannah-fehily@live.co.uk

Monday 3 November 2014

Hair Care Routine


Hello beauties!
How have you been!? I just absolutely love this time of year what with all the festivities going on, so last Friday we had Halloween, this week we have bonfire night and then before we know it will be Christmas and New Year. I don’t tend to do much for Halloween purely because I have a fear of dressed up people, so it’s best for me to stay in and snuggle up in front of the sofa – however this Saturday just gone, I went to the local town of St Albans to watch the firework display, which can I just say is quoted “The Best Display of Hertfordshire”.

During the colder months it’s easy to wrap up warm, turn up the heating and forget the effects it can have to your hair and skin – so this post is going to share with you my hair care routine. I have to admit that I am not the best at sticking to this religiously… but most of the time when I do I notice that my hair is in a much healthier condition. For as long as I can remember I have always had pretty long hair, so it’s forever being tied up tight in a ponytail for work or when I’m having a yoga day or lazy day – so split ends will always be.  

Hairdressers

Just like you manicures and pedicures, your hair needs a good grooming every 6-8weeks at the most, to help trim dead ends and re-shape and volumize the barnet. I try to see my hairdresser once a month for the usual “full head of highlights, wash, cut and blowdry.” For some reason I feel my hair is always so much glossier after coming out of the hairdressers than what it is if I were to wash and blowdry it myself… does anyone know why this is!?
Cleanse & Condition
When I wash my hair I tend to shampoo, shampoo and then condition – the double cleans helps to ensure any build-up of product and natural oils are removed efficiently and the conditioner helps to nourish the roots and scalp to help create a healthy balance. I use 3 types of shampoo depending on the timing of when I have seen the hairdresser and 2 types of conditioner.
Drying & Styling
When drying my hair after washing I towel dry as much as I can, then apply a hair serum (usually anti-frizz or argan oil) and blow-dry roughly. When it comes to styling, I tend to straighten in sections and being a “bad sin” I know, I usually forget to use a heat protector but the serum usually helps this.

My Routine
In the first 2 weeks after having my haircut, I tend to use Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo and Aussie Take The Heat 3 Minute Miracle. Although after seeing the hairdresser my hair is in great condition, I find that it can feel dry due to the chemicals used for the highlights – I usually wash my hair every other day or every third day. The shampoo is really soft, foamy and has an amazingly scrumptious scent. However the conditioner really is a miracle for dry hair – I tend to apply quite thickly from root to tip and then brush through with a comb, then leave to soak for 3-5mins and wash out.  In the following 2 weeks I go on to use John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder shampoo, I find this helps to keep my highlights light and also lightens my roots allowing my hair to grow that bit longer before the roots start to show. When I first tried this I was worried it may make my hair quite dry again but it has a real creamy texture to it and I try to use the Aussie Take The Heat treatment with every other wash.

In the final 2 weeks before I am due to go back to my hairdresser I then go on to use Spa Find Mineralizing Shampoo and Spa Find Mineralizing hair & body mud. As I suffer with quite a dry scalp it’s good for me to really help nourish and re-mineralise the scalp and hair, to help gain maximum benefits when seeing the hairdresser. Having psoriasis on my scalp I used to suffer with a lot of irritation, flakiness and at the worst scabbing – but after using these products it has completely cleared. These Spa Find products have really made a difference, it’s so relieving finding products that truly do work and only use natural contents. When using the hair and body mud I try to at least once a week apply a really thick layer and sleep with my hair in a towel over night so that it can really soak in and reap all the benefits of all the minerals.

Do you use any of these products, what do you think?
What's your haircare routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment