Icons

https://twitter.com/MissFehily http://instagram.com/miss_fehily hannah-fehily@live.co.uk

Monday 10 November 2014

makeup - 8 simple steps


Hello Beauties!

I’ve been so busy lately getting into the festive swing, ordered so many Christmas gifts and getting so excited for all the wrapping and decorating to come!! I haven’t really thought about what I am going to put on my own Christmas list so today I thought I’d share my daily makeup routine, it doesn’t take too long to do and is just a basic classic for me to be honest.

 
  1. PRIME
    I find that using a primer really helps to create a perfect base for any makeup and also helps the longevity too, I recently purchased a new primer and I am in love with how good it works, it doesn’t feel heavy on my skin and has great added benefits of all day hydration.
  2. FOUNDATION
    I like to have a full coverage of foundation however not to look too cakey, I apply my foundation with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and slowly build up the coverage as I go. I would use a slightly thicker and fuller coverage for a night out but for the everyday/work makeup a light coverage is all that is needed.
  3. CONCEAL
    For all those dark shadows, spots and blemishes that we all curse, concealer is a miracle, I tend to use a liquid concealer as I find it easier to apply and blend. I apply using the wand that it comes with and then blend using my Real Techniques Setting Brush.
  4. CONTOUR
    On an everyday basis I don’t tend to do much contour but using my palette I can do the essential bronzer, highlighter and blusher. I use my Eco Tools Bamboo Domed Bronzer brush to apply the bronzer over the top points of my forehead, under cheekbones, jaw line and down the nose. I then use Bamboo Airbrush Concealer Brush for the highlighter just lightly swept over the top of my cheekbones, and the Tapered Blush Brush to apply a light coverage to the apple of my cheeks. 
  5. POWDER
    To set the makeup and to help blend it all in effectively using my Mary Kay Kabuki brush I apply my powder in downward sweeps then circular motions all over my face.
  6. EYES
    For an everyday quick and easy smoky eye look I use a duo stick in Golden Haze. One end is a creamy/gold which I apply all over then blend with Eco Tools Bamboo Eye shadow brush, then using the darker taupe brown end of the stick lightly in the crease and outside corner and blend again using the eye shadow brush. 
    A quick line on the lower lid using Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal, and a few coats to the lashes of Maybelline Volume Express Colossal Smoky Eye Mascara to finish the look.
  7. EYEBROWS
    Even though it’s a quick everyday thing, my eyebrows have to be perfect so I usually spend quite a bit of time on my eyebrows using the HD Brows eye & brow palette, I use a pencil to even out the shape, then the powder to thicken and fill the eyebrow and a gel-like mascara to set into place – I don’t tend to add much to my shape mainly just outline and thicken with powder.
  8. LIPS
    Depending on how my lips are I either just apply Blistex Daily Lip Conditioner or use Mary Kay True Dimensions Lipstick in Lava Berry – this has a real creamy texture and has a long lasting pigment which means you don’t need to keep re-applying throughout the day.
And there you have it my everyday makeup look:
BEFORE                                    AFTER
If you click on each of the points, it will directly link you to the page to purchase the particular product that I use.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment