Icons

https://twitter.com/MissFehily http://instagram.com/miss_fehily hannah-fehily@live.co.uk

Monday 15 December 2014

Its beginning to look a lot like christmas.....

Hello beauties!

It feels like forever since I last posted, the last few weeks have just flown by. I have been pretty busy at work what with everyone wanting to have their nails and skin looking gorgeous and glam for the Christmas festivities and on my days off I have been doing the last few bits of Christmas shopping (which I’m glad to say is now finished).


Me and my family went down to see the Christmas light switch on in my local town, which was a really lovely event hosted by Heart FM radio with live music, Christmas carols and a big firework display – it really got everyone in the Christmas spirit.

In the weeks leading up to Christmas, I’m slowly finding small bits of time to wind down and pamper myself including painting my nails (Jessica Cherrywood & Champagne bubbles) and decorating the house. So yes the tree is up, some presents are wrapped and I’m slowly beginning to feel ready. I just love Christmas and can’t even begin to explain how excited I am for Santa to visit!
 
In the last few weeks the weather here has seemed to really turn pretty bitter with a icy chill in the air, especially when the wind is blowing I’m pretty sure I have icicles growing on the end of my nose - it feels that cold!
 
My skin never seems to like the cold and this year it really has decided to take a turn for the worse, I’ve been sticking to my skincare routine with the intense serum and weekly mask however my skin just seems to be forever dry and UBER sensitive to the point that just the other night even aqueous cream stung!? 
 
I have found that using my Mary Kay facial brush (similar to the Panasonic cleansing brush) has really help to gently exfoliate my skin, I use this with my spa find cleanser which seems to help hydrate the skin a bit more too! It’s made me realise just how important using a rich intensive serum and moisturiser is in the cold weather. I’d strongly recommend this facial brush to anyone who feels their skin is dry, tight or sensitive – not only does it ensure of a deep cleanse but softly buffs away the dead skin cells from the surface. My Blistex daily lip conditioner has become a must for every few hours each day too.
As pretty this weather is, my skin isn’t quite agreeing – I think it’s telling me a winter holiday in the sun is needed!

Do you have any tips or advice that may help sensitive skin in this cold weather!?

8 comments:

  1. I have been wanting a cleansing brush -- I didn't know about the Mary Kay brush. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you too!

      Yes, I had been looking for a cleansing brush for a while and was recommended this one through a family member, it works wonders as the brush bristles aren't rough at all and feel very soft to the skin!

      The link for the brush is here, incase you were interested :)
      http://www.marykay.co.uk/en-GB/Skin-Care/Skin-Care-Tools/Skinvigorate-Brush/Mary-Kay-Skinvigorate-Cleansing-Brush/170314.partId?eCatId=11964

      Delete
  2. love your nails! x

    http://brittslittleblogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank-you! They have changed again now, keep testing out new colours and variations, still not sure what to have for xmas day haha!x

      Delete
  3. Pretty red on your nails. What color/brand is that?

    I've been wanting a facial brush forever. I will have to check out Mary Kay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, the nail varnish is Jessica and the red colour is Cherrywood - comes out quite pink in the first coat but usually apply 3 coats for a deeper fuller colour - almost like a dark red wine colour in natural light :) x

      The link for the Mary Kay brush is here if it helps:
      http://www.marykay.co.uk/en-GB/Skin-Care/Skin-Care-Tools/Skinvigorate-Brush/Mary-Kay-Skinvigorate-Cleansing-Brush/170314.partId?eCatId=11964

      Delete
  4. This is such a nice post, all Christmassy, great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou yasmine, I am sooo excited for Christmas!!

      Delete