Icons

https://twitter.com/MissFehily http://instagram.com/miss_fehily hannah-fehily@live.co.uk

Monday 26 January 2015

Urban Decay Beauty Box

Hello beauties!

I am soo sorry this post has taken so long to publish – I wrote this last week however my computer and internet crashed and have only just had the chance to get back online to HIT the publish button! I hope you enjoy this review post and from now on I will be back on track with my 1 or 2 posts a week!

I hope you are all well and enjoying the New Year, it’s been pretty chilly where I am and we even had a bit of snow on Saturday! I haven’t posted in a while because I’ve been pretty hectic at work and been going away of weekends a lot recently – I have been reading a lot of your blog posts on my travels though and have finally found a bit of time to start writing some new posts.


You may have read on my last post about the reviews that were to come on some of the gorgeous Christmas gifts I received and this will be one of them. This post is going to be all about my Urban Decay beauty box that I was very lucky to receive….
I absolutely adore this brand and although it is quite new to the UK market I am crazy for it and the products, so opening this beauty of a little purple box on Christmas day was a real excitement. There were 3 products within this including the All Nighter – Makeup Setting Spray, Naked2 Eye shadow Palette and Naked Flushed contour palette.

Naked Flushed - Streak
Now I love this palette, it’s very simple and basic – yet the colours match my skin tone perfectly. It includes a bronzer, highlighter and blusher (which for me I find perfect for a quick contour for everyday/ work based makeup). All three powders are very light on the skin, and can be built up quite easily for a thicker, fuller coverage – so depending on where I am going and what I am doing it’s very easy to create different looks. However if I was to pick out a negative for this product it would be that the highlighter is quite shimmery so if applied a little to thickly or too much you would look a bit like a Christmas bauble so just a tip – use a little and spread.


Naked 2 Palette
This palette was one of the first things that I wrote on my list to “Santa” – I love playing about with makeup and creating different looks, after reading a few other bloggers reviews this looked the perfect palette to create so many types of smoky eyes and looks. The shades are just soo pretty with a combination of matte and metallic shades, I have used this since Christmas day and can’t say there has been a combination that I haven’t been happy with. A few of my favourite shades are Half baked, Bootycall, Pistol and YDK. If you have this palette what are your favourite shades or combinations for a smoky eye – I’d love to try some of your ideas!?

All Nighter - Make-up Setting Spray
I have always been looking for a product that would make my makeup last on a night out, without making me look cakey or oily – which I find most primers can do after long use. However this spray is the most perfect thing ever created, once all your makeup is complete all you need to do is spray a few spritz onto your face in an ‘X’ and ‘T’ motion and BAM your makeup will be perfect until you remove with cleanser. It is a very lightweight spray and you don’t feel sticky or residue on the skin either which is great. I know it’s a sin to sleep with your makeup on but I wanted to give this spray the ultimate test so on New Years when I used this spray, I slept in my makeup and I can honestly admit when I woke up (minus the headache and feeling sick) my face was absolutely fine – smoky eye, eyeliner the lot – I looked ready for round 2 ha-ha. So I would 100% recommend this makeup setting spray to anyone who likes their makeup to last all night without having to go for toilet breaks to top the face up.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this and I will hopefully speak to you all soon J
Feel free to ask me anything xxx

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I'm a UD junkie, and I love all of the products you mentioned! I have the flushed palette in "Naked", which I am in love with; the colors are similar to "Streak", but the highlighter isn't all that shimmery, which I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit I am becoming a UD junkie too! Oooh I may have to try that palette too as sometimes I don't want a shimmery highlighter!

      Delete